Orthodontic Survival Kit - Orthodontist McKinney TX
Dr. Jennifer Buchanan
- Wednesday, July 06, 2016
- 1. Toothbrush & Toothpaste – Yes, we know this is a little bit of a hassle but make sure you brush and floss after lunch to keep your smile healthy.
Oral hygiene is always important but it’s ESPECIALLY important when you have braces.
- 2. WaterPik - if you have a portable one take it with you
- 3. Mirror – We recommend keeping a compact mirror in your locker and/or backpack so you can check out your braces if something feels funny.
- 4. Wax – Keep a case of wax in your backpack in case you have a pokey wire or any cheek irritation.
- 5. Rubber Bands – Don’t get behind on your treatment! Make sure you have spare rubber bands in case one breaks at school and to replace after lunch.
- 6. Retainer Case – We see it ALL the time…Where did my retainer go? I had it on my lunch tray…Whoops! It’s in the trash! Avoid having
to dig through trash and the added expenses of new retainers. Keep your retainer in a retainer case whenever it’s not in your mouth!
- 7. Mouth Guard – If you play contact sports, make sure you wear your mouth guard to protect your teeth and braces. Studies have shown that athletes
are 60 times more likely to damage teeth when NOT wearing a mouth guard!