Dr. Buchanan is bringing winning smiles to countless youth throughout the Greater McKinney area, specializing in clear braces and custom braces for children and teens.
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that a child be seen by an orthodontist as early as age seven and even earlier if a parent or the family dentist discovers a problem.
Treatment Phase I corrects major jaw growth problems and allows us to make room for permanent teeth. Phase II allows us to finalize the bite.
With use of the Damon System technology we no longer use expanders or extract permanent teeth to make space for crowded teeth. To correct overbites we no longer use headgear which makes treatment easier and more gentle!
The benefits of early intervention:
- A better prognosis for how the permanent teeth will develop
- The ability to correct any habits that may be the cause of development problems, such as thumb sucking or tongue pushing
- Correcting bite problems like an open bite, cross bite or deep bite
- The ability to guide the growth of the jaw to accommodate emerging teeth
- Lowering the risk of damage to any protruding teeth
- The ability to improve your child’s appearance
- Creating a more pleasing and functional arrangement of teeth, lips and face
- Alleviating future, and possibly more invasive, dental correction
- Increasing self-esteem and confidence in your child
To learn more about Dr. Buchanan Orthodontics or to schedule a FREE CONSULTATION call 972-542-4412 to speak with a member of our team.
Schedule a FREE Consultation for kid braces today