First Day After Treatment
- Cut food into small bites
- Soft foods are easiest
- Remember hard/sticky foods can damage braces
- It may take a few days to adjust to your braces
- Your teeth may be slightly sensitive at first
- If necessary, use Advil, Tylenol, or Aleve as directed to relieve any initial discomfort
- A small piece of wax on your brackets may help until the cheeks have “toughened”
- Warm salt water rinses help
- Poking wire: bend with fingernail or eraser – cover with wax or gum – last resort cut with clippers
- Sore teeth: take Aspirin, Tylenol or Advil as directed – try warm salt water rinses
- Eat soft food until discomfort subsides – normally 48 hours
- Breakage: save pieces & call – DO NOT ATTEMPT REPAIR
- Sometimes temporary spaces develop between teeth
- Spacer falls out: replace with floss as directed
- Sore in mouth: normally this indicates rubbing in that area – try warm salt water rinses
- Discomfort persists: call office
We understand accidents happen. We encourage you to call if you have questions or concerns.
If you call during normal business hours, any of our team will happily assist you. If you call after hours and reach our voice mail service you will be given a list of options.
To maintain comfort, please refer to our Helpful Hints section.
To learn more about Dr. Buchanan Orthodontics or to schedule a FREE CONSULTATION call 972-542-4412 speak with a member of our team.